Thursday 20 March 2014

And The Winner Of The Shit Policy Of The Year Award Goes To........



An aquaintance of mine recently undertook some work at Tory HQ. His comments on Grant Shapps' office were enlightening, "Well intentioned, well educated young people, mostly working for free, but absolutely no experience in the real world at all. Utterly clueless."

The latest Tory wheeze is a plan to cut taxes to "help hardworking people do more of the things they enjoy". Apparently, outside of Central Office, where these chinless Oxford graduates wait for Daddy to arrange a safe seat for them, the proletariat play bingo and drink beer. OK, drinking beer I will accept, and as I own shares in a brewery I'm going to let that one pass without too much criticism. But Bingo?

I actually find it hard to say what I truly think about this. In fact, this is so idiotic, I don't even want to waste my thoughts on it.

What does worry me, deeply, is that somebody at a high level of government thought that was a suitable way of presenting policy. I would like to think that every single person who touched this project, from conception, through approval, to launch, will be sacked this very day.

Given that the Tories are facing a strong challenge from UKIP at the moment, one would have thought that they would have drafted in some heavyweight policy boffins. Apparently that is not the case.

If this is what we are going see from the Tories now, they may as well pack up and go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment