Friday 5 October 2018

The death of British comedy... Johnny English Strikes Out!





I love comedy. It is my great passion. I particularly love Jewish comedy (the best!) and the unashamedly 'naughty' British comedy of the 50s & 60s (think about Carry On movies and seaside postcards) and I have been totally unaffected by the disease of political correctness.



Tonight I watched the new Rowan Atkinson movie Johnny English Strikes Again.

Credit where credit is due, I think this is the first movie I have watched at a cinema where I haven't either fallen asleep or simply gotten bored and wandered out in about two years.

I did chuckle once or twice during the film, but to be honest just one hour after the end end of this screening I have no recollection of any single line in the script. Nor do I recall the plot, if indeed there was one.

Rowan Atkinson is one of our greatest comics, without doubt, but he deserves better material then this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment