Thursday 11 February 2016

Belgian Art 1868-1914

It is one of Brussels' newest museums - if not the newest - but what a great joy it proved to be!

Fin de Siecle (end of century) covers Belgian art from 1868-1914. I thought I knew at least something about this period having lived in the city for a long time, but this really opened my eyes.

My enchanting companion, Inna, who knows rather a lot about art, was also impressed.



I thought it was going to be a two hour visit, but after three hours the staff were literally pushing us towards the exits - there was so much more to see, and to talk about.


Its close to the EU institutions - should any of the Philistines wish to visit, which I doubt - but also just some minutes walk from Grand Place and the major tourist attractions.

I strongly recommend this.

www.fin-de-siecle-museum.be

No comments:

Post a Comment