Sunday 22 March 2015

Fings ain't wot they used to be!

Returning to Brussels from a week long school trip on Friday, his 10th birthday, George had expressed a particular wish. He wanted to go to a French restaurant and have snails.

And so we did.

Lots of children are a bit fussy about their food at this age, but this is not a problem I have ever had with George.

Today was his birthday party - no girls invited - he just wanted to go bowling with the lads, and then to go and try out the laser shooting thing. I think that they were a bit disappointed that these lasers don't actually cause people to explode, a la Star Wars, etc., but a great time was had by all.

We never had lasers when I was 10, but I knew how to make my own bow and arrows by then - and I could never have imagined that people would actually eat snails!

No comments:

Post a Comment