Saturday 7 January 2012

It happens.....

I had a bit of an unusual start to my day. I was walking through Parc Leopold this morning, quite early, when the parrots arrived. This park is home to a large colony of bright green parrots that I am rather fond of. They make a heck of a spectacle as they dart noisily around Brussels in close formation - they can turn up anywhere at any time, but Parc Leopold is where they call home.

About 100 of them were heading towards me, and I was on high ground so I figured they would pass pretty close. As they flew overhead I looked up, and one of the little bastards shat in my eye!

I hate it when that happens.

Back in 2004 I had a similar experience with an owl. This was particularly remarkable as it happened in Rotherhithe, and east London is not a place usually associated with owls. As a result of this I am probably one of the very few people on God's earth who knows what owl shit tastes like.

My grandmother always used to tell me that it was good luck - although getting a faceful of partially digested rodent entrails is probably the kind of luck that most of us can do without.



No comments:

Post a Comment